11.04.2010

Sanrio. Small Gift Big Smile.

I remember as a little girl, after a hard core crying session, my mom would give me the biggest hug and whisper "Hello Kitty".  Instead of bribing me to cheer up with candy, mine was going to the Sanrio store and buying a few new things.  That instantly put a smile on my face.  I grew up with Hello Kitty and friends!  So when I heard that Sanrio turns 50 this year, I knew I had to get in on the action!  Lucky for me, I have a friend that is bringing me in on the VIP event next week, so I'll report back on the actual event.  I'll be counting down!  But good news is that it's an event open to the public beginning on Friday, so don't fret!  For the LA event, you can find the 411 here

Here are some prints from my FAVE artists, that I hope to buy at the show (if I'm lucky enough)!
Gary Baseman.

Buff Monster.

There are PLENTY more artists that will be featured at the art show....thanks to Japan LA, you can find more information on their blog here.  

If you're in the LA area, make sure this is on your agenda...it's an event great for all ages!  Besides, don't YOU remember how much of a smile walking into a Sanrio store would bring you?